Thursday, July 14, 2016

How To Start A Fashion, Beauty, or Lifestyle Blog!

0:00
welcome back to make sure after so many requests I need a bigger price for
0:12
houses start your own fashion and beauty lifestyle any kind of law for such a
0:16
long time now that I thought it was time to finally sit down and actually do an
0:21
entire series on it you like you're interested in starting your own bashing
0:25
or any kind of block I have learned through trial and much much air will
0:32
come in handy if I had known all these tips and tricks throughout the past few
0:38
years doing right walk consistently for the most part on a weekly basis then I
0:44
would have just been a light years ahead of where I am today so I want to help
0:48
you out there to speak out of this is probably one of my most requested video
0:51
so I wanted to do an entire series on it and before I just got a lot to say that
0:57
obviously I'm not expert solely do my blog for a living a lot of people have
1:04
the misconception because the whitewater a bunch of different platforms and just
1:10
different areas of expertise I'm developed in the past year running my
1:14
love so I don't know we just make money by writing a blog post every day and
1:19
actually a lot of people don't know about bloggers in general they actually
1:23
don't just do your blog to make money they do a bunch of other kinds of stuff
1:27
to get to that later you down that I wanted to go through far as the video
1:33
that i'm gonna be making for the theory the first one and that is the 1 I'm
1:37
gonna be talking about today is how to get started with it where do you even
1:41
began its overwhelming looking at all the stuff online I'm gonna go over that
1:45
the second video I wanted to make it all the technical stuff really not so search
1:53
engine optimization how do you get your post ranked on Google to show on earth
1:57
page of Google's own people fight them in and search your post will come up
2:02
first is Google Analytics
2:04
kinda goes along with the also analyzing your Google Trends and what's popular
2:09
what's popular on your blog that can really help you determine what kind of
2:13
content people who like what people are just like he and I can really help you
2:17
in the long run if you are planning your content schedule how many posts you
2:22
actually need to both what should you even write about and Germany who your
2:26
audience is going to be or who your audience already is all about
2:31
equipment and editing and the fourth one was my most requested thing in the whole
2:36
entire world people often at all times it's how do you make money from blogging
2:39
so we'll get to that for sure I'll go through so many different ways on how to
2:43
make money through having your own blog and doing other things on the side and
2:47
that the fifth thing is how to take good photos and videos I haven't gotten that
2:52
far yet so yeah you want to see more videos please subscribe and get up go
2:57
ahead and get into the video so drop the past hour and literally just
3:01
brainstormed all the things I wish I knew before I started my blog and what I
3:06
had the idea of it helps our goal to me I had just know me more about that
3:15
before it the learning it's more fun that it is stressful time but we'll get
3:21
to that later so the first thing I wanted to talk about is what your blog
3:25
is obviously going to be on my blog is daily dose of darling dot com I will
3:30
link it in the revived but basically and you can really help from the title which
3:36
is kind of annoying sometimes but obviously if you haven't seen it the
3:40
beauty home decor how lifestyle along but it's really me my fashion and beauty
3:46
want to talk about this blog is gonna be on I get this question all the time
3:52
and even my hot cute college when I was blocking I would have bought it come up
3:57
to me
3:58
people like my coworker random people on the internet be mad at me I really want
4:04
to talk I really want to meet a lot of money and I just like what you're
4:13
talking about like the content you're creating if you're not motivated to
4:16
create a content make it really really go ahead and oddly happy borderline
4:21
obsessed for you to make any amount of money from your blog it's not going to
4:26
be thoughtful people will not issue and not just click away
4:30
lockheed the first thing you really want to narrow down is what you are good at
4:35
and what you're passionate about so like me I don't really focus on makeup
4:40
tutorial all the time just because I'm not a makeup artist I'm not like it
4:44
after I kinda do you know do you think for the average girls are more
4:48
affordable drugstore product things are not going to pretend to be the magical
4:52
makeup artist when that's not really something I'm good you may be a fast one
4:57
company doesn't mean you necessarily have the skills to do it I gravitated
5:03
toward passion because growing up in Los Angeles California we have access to
5:07
things I just one more knowledgeable about fashion trend becoming a call we
5:11
see them on everyday basis so I like I have something to contribute to the
5:15
fashion community and that's something that I feel all I'm good I've been asked
5:19
you know what I'm wearing and here's a link where about my clothes and all that
5:22
so you might be an animal lover and you want to create a blog all about dogs dog
5:32
breed me sound like the weirdest contact over more often than there are more
5:37
people out there than you think
5:39
like your passion so your passion can be anything from nail polish home
5:43
decorating
5:45
being houses there's always room for you on the internet people being treated all
5:51
you can't make any money blogging well in my area that is not true
5:55
more and more people are using the internet everyday I mean how many people
5:59
read books anymore so no more people are using Internet that are looking outlaw
6:03
the more people are going to find your stuff so yeah there's a place where you
6:08
don't be discouraged that someone's daughter someone's bigger than you just
6:11
delay and do it with all of your mind to be motivated I just want you will not
6:18
succeed because people can tell you won't put it as much power as a person
6:22
who absolutely loves what they're writing about so yeah finding what you
6:26
love and what you're probably be number one that I would say to bloggers that I
6:34
want you to think about when you know what you want your block to be about
6:38
what you want your blogs need to be about what you want to portray it how
6:41
can you be different when you add something to the already thriving
6:45
community of bloggers while I am still learning today it's so hard to
6:52
differentiate yourself in a fashion and beauty blogger world just because
6:56
everyone's kind of doing the things stop and that's why I honestly I started to
7:00
YouTube channel and that I mean that at all me so much in the past few months
7:04
starting my channel but you want to try and add something to the space that's
7:09
not already there and you might be discouraged I have nothing to add
7:13
everything has been Diana while the one thing you can add is your unique
7:18
personality the good thing about body in general and you know being a youtuber
7:22
even though this is primarily a blocker
7:25
are you all are on different personality if you have something to add to the
7:31
state because you guys are all gonna get your own personal pin or tell your own
7:36
story and whatever you talk about you can afford to meet up
7:39
overdone clothes fashion food whatever you guys are all there are people so the
7:45
way that you approach something is going to be completely different than the way
7:49
of approaching something so as long as you're not happy
7:53
and you're trying to be your own unique person people who really recognize and
7:56
they'll appreciate you for your personality along with the content that
8:00
you're delivering so I think here on my blog I was all over the place I thought
8:06
I want to do food I posted food AgriLife I thought I was such a fail I talked
8:12
about my lifestyle on my blog which I realized was not popular because people
8:17
are really hard to get to know someone threw a personalized blog and Ashley
8:22
were trying to show up close that's why I started YouTube channel to be more
8:25
personable because talking about my personal life on my dog was not
8:29
successful and Randy started to you know go into beauty and fashion I realized
8:35
that people are actually interested in that so it's really just finding what
8:38
you are actually passionate about doing that first and foremost even if you feed
8:43
the market is saturated with your passion and what you want to block about
8:49
bennett time to start coming up with a name so I think a lot of people I leave
8:53
a lot of people I've talked to drop the year they're like hanging what should my
8:57
name be on my wall what you're talking about
9:00
and your name is everything and if nothing at the same time so what I was
9:04
thinking of a name I want to try and I would like mainly just going for fashion
9:09
in the beginning and then I just kind of like developing this whole thing
9:12
lifestyle and everything but in the beginning I was going home wrong about 9
9:17
a.m. and honestly I could change my blog name today I would it doesn't really
9:21
combine all of interest that it is really hard to beat the fucking back to
9:26
you the whole daily dose of darling I like at the time I thought you liked it
9:31
just because I feel like that darling I know I know that some people but I get a
9:39
lot of mixed
9:40
opinion for a bit but I thought of it because I wanted my blog just looking
9:45
very feminine on my clothes to be more sophisticated and laughter beneath the
9:50
more of a darlie I thought and I wanted to portray died so I'm happy with that
9:55
just because I still am a person it is really important to note that you might
10:02
be when you're creating your blog is not going to be the same person if you still
10:06
hired lot going for the next ten years
10:08
you really want to shy away from changing domain names so it's like a
10:12
leader who will be the domain name you want to avoid at all costs because
10:17
starting over on a blog is so cool I'll let you actually have the right strategy
10:23
with my name because they built up so much authority on who will be at the
10:30
bottom of the search result technical but yeah waiting changing your name is
10:35
really important and trying to pick anything that you think that will carry
10:38
along with who you are or the next decade plus you never know where you are
10:45
now aware of your blog gotta go so make sure you pick a name that kinda
10:49
everything that you want you portray even if it is your first and last name
10:54
once you have your idea that would go to either godaddy.com or I will have all
11:01
the resources below 350 bunch of different to me check our website out
11:05
here that you couldn't see if any mistake in how much yet to people like
11:09
you and you have two people are your domain name I like $5 a lot of people
11:13
often ask me how I got my domain name and general though daily 2.com in the
11:19
Andaman and when you feel if I got an example but nordstrom.com just dot com
11:30
because they host their own website where you have to sit through a lot of
11:35
people actually let jane doe dog wordpress.com you can get a free that
11:42
way you don't want to spend a lot of money
11:43
you know you just want to get free and in my opinion I would highly recommend
11:48
avoiding you know having by wordpress.com you first off you don't
11:54
really own your own website is that they shut down or something goes wrong you
11:57
really are charged for it to work product but I would actually pay for
12:03
your call me not having it hosted through another site I will be going
12:07
through what i'm talking about the low I host my hostgator.com and basically ok
12:14
let me be $100 $100 for both my and onslaught and they hosted for me any
12:21
technical issue I call it down if it's getting too much they will let me know I
12:27
will call down to things like that and it's really important behind nobody ever
12:31
searches you know a little dot wordpress.com actually if you really
12:40
know that many do you want to change it is really important just the longevity
12:44
of your brand
12:46
you purchase your name and the name on your website hosted the very most
12:52
important thing but I could tell anybody is get your social media all the same
12:57
name now twenty Instagram not be booked my YouTube channels different and my
13:05
blog is different it would be amazing if you live out there who are starting a
13:08
blog every single thing every platform your blog they were all so if it's Jane
13:14
Doe your Twitter name that mean that you're horny and everything even if
13:20
you're like me you don't like Facebook YouTube and it's free and get your name
13:32
because like I kind of you never know what you're gonna want to do in the
13:34
future and just me I really hope he said that easily searchable is really I'm so
13:39
you've got your domain name and all your social media handled and all the same or
13:44
much of the
13:45
I know some of them are gonna be taken so how could he possibly can
13:50
time to develop your site so there are a lot of free wordpress themes and I think
13:56
WordPress mentioned it but it's really between Blogger and WordPress and hand
14:01
down we're trying to win by a million times over
14:05
going to why you can look it up and find out why everybody wants were processed
14:09
over water because you don't have more you have the ability to fully customize
14:13
your site down to the color you know whatever you want down to the code you
14:18
can have someone go and if you want you in the year to come and go to your site
14:22
make it all the way you want it to look just you work I don't even think about
14:27
doing anything else that being a parent with WordPress and so I hope you guys
14:33
would those with words there are a lot of three teams out there and they could
14:37
upload on your site I would recommend hand designer to customize your site and
14:42
look at it right away just behind its gonna be free not making any money off
14:46
its not an investment back the necessary just because there are so many really
14:51
good-looking freaking out there or even seen you know twenty-five to fifty
14:55
dollars just paying one time for implementing your site its really easy
14:59
work rest in learning her track meet up my uncle learn it for like the past few
15:04
years learning it but it's really easy you can just google how did you think
15:09
your YouTube even how to do things and it will teach you everything you need to
15:13
know so yeah there are freaking preferably and again I would be your
15:17
backpack the next thing I want to mention about your it's really a sure it
15:21
is clean and easy to navigate my blog I had like scallops like all around the
15:27
edges and it just wasn't modern looking at would be updated it didn't look like
15:31
a resource like somewhere where you would go to learn about it just looked
15:36
like some girls like Diary her home and make sure that it is going to appeal to
15:43
all ages and something that's really streamlined and easy to navigate
15:49
the biggest thing you can find out where social handles are you have to like
15:53
search to find it or if you can't find out where the home pages page is a
15:58
problem I would also recommend you develop your site or three female
16:02
whatever you want to do for your site
16:06
your boyfriend husband people you may not be familiar with because your
16:11
friends and family might be a little bit by it put them in front of a computer
16:14
and have them navigate like your site and then have them write down all the
16:19
things they didn't like things they like gonna be brutal but it's really
16:23
important to know what other people think because your idea of what might
16:27
look at it may be completely different to what other people like it's important
16:32
to get other peoples opinions in the beginning of the next year but I would
16:35
have given my fault I just know that lead to not focus on how proteins or how
16:44
like just good luck in the beginning just live together and start writing
16:50
content because everybody knows you're looking up the same phrase repeated over
16:56
and over
16:57
content is keen on your blog if you don't have to content but created that
17:01
no one's gonna find your blog first off and let me tell you it is hard for
17:06
people to search your blog just because you think you have a really great blog
17:09
and I could have told myself I did not know this information
17:13
people are random places like the Netherlands New Zealand there and find
17:19
my tiny little fashion blog just 13 truly is top to get your page rank on
17:25
the first page of Google just behind you don't follow the steps to add in another
17:31
video then no one's really like five page views a day and you're lucky and
17:36
that's probably from you don't focus on the site find really just focus on your
17:41
content because back on we will get a health bill longevity and fat32 you
17:47
aren't website mentioned in this video is
17:51
is basically you really like I find the beginning if you have to be passionate
17:55
about the content your writing
17:56
people are so smart nowadays and I but I bought two years ago people are going to
18:04
want to read about you know what I think about this lipstick back is not on the
18:09
market is something I've had five years old right about the rain has stopped by
18:15
my lifestyle I started to write about my beginning basically my boyfriend at the
18:22
time i living where I live and no one really cares about that because we don't
18:26
know you but number one before the fact that they don't know you paid really
18:30
done so in the beginning you have to be writing about things that are searchable
18:34
and we'll figure that out later but you really have to grab people's attention
18:39
first and have them come to your site before you start your personality or
18:43
else no one behind you because of your personality and your and your dog it's
18:49
not going to be searchable on Google so stunning fashion trends beauty trends
18:55
things like that that's really what can I help you in getting another thing I
18:59
wish I told myself in the beginning is back
19:02
you really do not want to hide your blog from your family your friends your boss
19:06
your boyfriend if you want to be a successful blogger you have to be haha I
19:12
think that's cool water and I did not know that I have a blog for a few months
19:16
like six months before I told anybody to find Doug just be hot as I was ashamed
19:21
to be in the beginning because they do look at God I do what I was doing okay
19:27
let people know you're human and people know that if the learning process and
19:31
the fact that you're putting yourself out there and trying to be creative
19:34
other than her school and fascinating about who you are and
19:38
you should be ashamed of what you're doing on the internet I know that sounds
19:41
kind of strange I need a lot of people that I have a blog but like no one knows
19:46
what's the point if you want to write go write a diary or journal you obviously
19:51
have a blog and you hosted on the site for even though put it out there and
19:58
start to push your content out your friends and family who those people are
20:01
gonna care so 130 carry the other people will join and their friends of friends
20:07
there and then after a while after Halloween party here who are people
20:11
around the country and around the world are gonna start looking at your blog
20:15
initial people started to look at it in the beginning so if you're not
20:19
comfortable sharing your blog to your body weight should I never want to show
20:23
my bottom line at work what I was doing on the internet I'm not comfortable
20:27
showing it shoot your parents you're really doing something wrong right up
20:32
something that you're proud of how good grammar skills which I did not in the
20:36
beginning really beautiful imagery which one actually in another video but don't
20:41
give up on the pictures because now everything is Vishal that's why I have
20:44
all these people like watching videos people like looking at pictures the dog
20:49
just write a huge blog post with no images now with a look at it because it
20:54
draws your eyes of words make sure you do focus and doubtful with the imagery
21:00
in the beginning even if it's just like the one picture so that's pretty much it
21:03
for this video I know a lot of intro to the theory of the next video is gonna be
21:08
about like the technical stop so you guys are interested please let me know
21:13
in the comments I know you guys were interested in a town that describe if
21:18
you haven't already in question and a comment and if you have a long list of
21:24
questions email me my email is below and I will get back in I feel like I should
21:31
trying to improve posture I want to try and eat organic brown rice and quinoa
21:38
like the three alliah

1 comment:

  1. Bluehost is ultimately the best website hosting provider with plans for any hosting requirements.

    ReplyDelete